SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
Salary Range: $55,000 & Up. Salary is ultimately at the sole discretion of the company president.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on interior design and/or architectural projects.
- Graduate of accredited university with associates or bachelors degree in Interior Design
- Thorough understanding of interior architectural concepts, spatial relationships, and fundamental knowledge of building systems.
- Thorough understanding of building codes
- Strong skills in AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, and Photoshop. Other 3D modeling or visualization skills, as well as competency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) are highly desired.
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of interior design / architectural project delivery.
- Good communication skills.
- Problem solving and lateral thinking skills.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Creative and artistic flair.
- Aptitude for technical drawing and illustration.
- Close attention to details, efficient, and organized.
- Excels in a team-based and fast paced environment
- Design aptitude and creative problem-solving skills.
- Lead design efforts for a variety of project types
- Participate during all phases of project delivery
- Take lead role in programming, space planning, and design activities
- Lead & guide fellow studio members; provide direction to those which support project development
- Lead, develop and execute comprehensive and code-compliant design concepts for a variety of project types using appropriate and innovative product applications
- Interface with client, contractor, as well as engineering and specialty consultants
- Verify and evaluate existing interior space prior to design development
- Research and select appropriate finishes, fixtures, furniture, and textiles
- Develop reflected ceiling and lighting layouts
- Incorporate technical requirements including audio/video, acoustics, power, and data systems into the design
- Control project costs by designing to budget parameters
- Prepare project design documentation, participate in construction documentation
- Prepare and conduct client presentations in a variety of formats
- Assist architectural project managers in various construction administration tasks
- Ownership and accountability for project- and firm wide success
- Wide breadth of industry product knowledge; periodically meet with manufacturer sales representatives
- Adhere to RDL Standards, including, but not limited to, drafting and graphic standards, folder organization, file naming, etc.
Please send your resume and portfolio experience to email@example.com and include which position you are applying for in the subject line.